Training in the nature brings a lot of significant benefits to your mind, body and soul. Today we will revive up your usual workout routine by doing this 40-minute workout. You can try it at your local outdoor fitness park or in your backyard – you will burn at least 260 calories while working this up all over. Before you begin make sure you have a good warm up with at least five to six minutes of power walking and upper body movements.
1. Park-Bench Dips
Fitness Focus: Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Sit on a bench and place your hands on either side of your hips.
- Make sure to slide the butt forward and support yourself with your hands.
- After that, bend your elbows by bringing upper arms to an almost parallel position to ground, then return to your initial position.
- Keep your lower back very close to the bench during the exercise.
- Make sure if possible to go for 12 to 15 reps.
If you want to get a better feeling of how the exercise is done, watch our outdoor fitness video.
2. Park-Bench Push-Up
Fitness Focus: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Stand facing a park bench and place your hands on the seat; walk your feet out behind you until your legs are fully extended.
- Bend your arms and lower chest toward bench, then push up.
- Complete 12 reps.- Turn around and place your hands on the ground and your feet on the bench (not shown); walk your hands forward until they are aligned under your shoulders with your legs extended.
- Lower your chest towards the ground, then push up – Complete 8 reps.
Fitness Focus: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
- Hold the handles at the bottom and press forward.
- Includes training your abdomen: make sure that you hold the handles at the bottom of the machine and after that you have raise your knees and press forward.
- Complete 10 reps.
Fitness Focus: Legs, Core
- Start in front of the low positioned Stepper and place one leg on the bar and raise up.
- Repeat with the alternate leg.- Complete 3 sets each with 12 reps.
5. Sit ups
Fitness Focus: Abs
- Sit on the seat with feet placed under the pegs.
- Lower and raise the upper body.
- Do as many reps as you can, working up to 12.
Fitness Focus: Mobility, Flexibility
- Place your heel on the transverse bar and stretch the hamstrings.
- Repeat with the alternate leg.
- Complete 4 sets each with 10 reps.
The workout presented above has a mix of fast-paced body-weight exercises with blast of maximum-effort cardio to torch calories and boost your metabolism and at the same enjoying the beautiful nature. At Norwell Outdoor Fitness, our vision is to improve social benefits, promote health improvement, integration and fun fitness, making the fitness park a natural and intergenerational meeting point for people of all walks of life. We have developed a range of special tools to maximize the benefits of working out outside.